Everyone needs motivation at some time. I hope this blog will be informative and gives you a bit of motivation in your day!
NOTE: The "Home" icon at the bottom of each page will bring you back to the Motivation main page.

Please leave comments by clicking on the "'comments" button under each section.

Importance of Motivation








The importance of motivation is to keep it alive and not let it dwindle (About Balance and Control, 2007). Motivation needs reinforcement on a regular and ongoing basis to keep positive thinking alive. Sometimes it takes listening to a great motivational speaker, placing reminders, like a poster or sign, above your desk, or the use of medication or guided imagery.
These tasks are done as daily maintenance for motivation and positive thinking. The importance of motivation and the use of motivational techniques are the secret to keeping the momentum moving forward once you start thinking positive (About Balance and Control, 2007). The key is to replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts to keep motivation alive. Replace thoughts of "I cannot do this!" with thoughts of "I can do anything I set my mind too!"
References

About Balance and Control. (2007). The importance of motivation. Retrieved from http://www.abc-stress.com/importance-of-motivation.html

3 comments:

  1. I am an RN and work with inner city children in the public school system of Miami Dade County, Florida. I constantly use the illistration of the "little engine who could" for building motivation in young children. " I think I can" are words that I encourage them to use in thier "self-talk".

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great illustration of motivation, "I CAN" thanks for sharing this with us Michelle. Your entire blog looks great!
    Great to relate your motto with a book for little kids. My kids have this book to and we read it often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,

    Motivation is key to achievement. For example, when I am trying to lose weight I post a picture of myself when I was skinner. That keeps me motivated.

    ReplyDelete